- FEMA Flood Map
- City of Atlanta Water and Non-Emergency Services
- Campbell & Brannon Fee Sheet
- Fulton County Tax Assessor
- Fulton County Tax Commissioner
Homestead in Georgia
A Homestead Exemption provides more than just a tax break. It also provides two important protections. It prevents the forced sale of a home to meet the demands of creditors and provides the surviving spouse with shelter.
You may file for homestead exemption year round. Deadlines are listed below by county along with a link for a homestead application. Applications received after these deadlines will be processed the following year.
- DEKALB COUNTY – 404.298.4000
- Deadline is April 1st – Apply by mail or online
- If you live in the City of Decatur, you should also apply for homestead exemption on your Decatur city taxes
- Deadline is March 1st – Apply online or call 404-370-4100
- COBB COUNTY – 770.528.8600
- Deadline is April 1st – Apply in person or by mail
- FORSYTH COUNTY – 770.781.2106
- Deadline is April 1st – Apply in person
- FULTON COUNTY – 404.730.6440
- Deadline is April 1st – Apply by mail
- GWINNETT COUNTY – 770.822.8800
- Deadline is April 1st – Apply online or by mail
If your county isn’t listed, then please visit the Georgia Department of Revenue to find more information about filing.